Federal Funding Catalog
Maximizing available federal funding is one strategy charter school leaders can use to find the funds they need to effectively finance their charter schools and programs. This Federal Funding Catalog, produced by the National Resource Center on Charter School Finance and Governance, is designed to help you employ this strategy. It identifies federal funding sources that can be used to support charter schools and programs and provides information to help you understand how each federal funding program works and how to access these funds.
This online, searchable federal funding tool:
- Catalogs all relevant federal funding sources that can support charter schools;
- Identifies the purposes for which the funding can be used;
- Describes the flow of funds and identifies eligible recipients, partners, and beneficiaries of funding;
- Documents the funding history for the program, including the size of grants;
- Provides information on the requirements and process for applying for funding;
- Links you with additional sources of information.
Information used to develop this catalog was obtained from several sources, including the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance, agency web sites, available research and literature, and conversations with federal program officials. For each federal funding source identified, The Finance Project prepared a description based on the available information, tailored for readers interested in developing or implementing charter school initiatives. Every effort was made to ensure that program entries are complete and correct. Where information is not provided, it is because information was not available from public sources.
The search function allows you to search all the federal funding sources in the database and identify those that meet the specific needs of your charter school or initiative. You may search by:
- Uses of Funds (click on the + signs for additional levels of specificity)
- Federal Agency
- Who Can Apply
- Type of Funding
- Matching Requirement
All fields are optional. Selecting fields will limit your search to records that match only the criteria that you have specified.